Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Swatching ALL THE INDIES!

Alright. So… I know myself all too well, and I know that if I don't just bite the bullet and put ALL of these in one HUGE blog post… It's going to take me years to get it all done and get all the swatches up. I still have some of the OPI Brazil polishes sitting on my dresser waiting to be swatched, along with a few other pretties I purchased at Sally's. I haven't made any more indie polish purchases because I've put myself on a No-Buy for any more indies for a while. Every time I get excited about a new indie polish collection I want…. My bank account quietly reminds me to calm the heck down. So. There's that. But I still have these beauties that I can play with, and I haven't used most of them yet other than swatches. So I think I shall survive. :) I really needed to get these swatches up so I can get around to posting more swatches of my store-bought polishes! They need love too! ;) 

Let's just jump into it.

This is Love To Hate You from Different Dimension polish. It's a clear based polish with circles, stars, diamonds, and hearts in different shades of purple and white. I used it with Play Date from Essie, and I think it was super pretty. Some of the purple glitters weren't as visible as others, but it still came out looking really nice. I had no fishing issues at all, which is always wonderful! I really love all of my Different Dimension polishes. They're all amazing, with amazing application. I haven't had any issues with any of them. I'm officially in love. 
 flash

flash

no flash

no flash


 This is actually two swatches in one! This is Different Dimension polish (imagine that!) in Lucky, and my accent nail is Legion Lacquer in Jar of Crushed Hearts. These polishes together!? Oh my lawwwwd. Gorgeous. Seriously. They're STUNNING. Both of them. As I said in my previous post… I swore that Legion Lacquer's Valentine's Day collection HAD to be mine. I already showed you two out of three… So here is the last beauty from that collection. And its paired with one of my favorite holos. Lucky is a gorgeous deep pink holo that I can't even describe with words. It's just so perfect. Jar of Crushed Hearts looks exactly as its described. It's a beautiful glitter that can be full coverage in about two coats, or worn over another polish. I cannot say enough about these two polishes. They're just amazing. This swatch is what my motto is all about. OH MY GLITTER.
no flash

no flash

flash


 This, again, is a double swatch. I used a gold polish from Maybelline's Color Show polish line called Bold Gold. The bottle says it's holographic (thats a lie. just sayin.) but it was the first gold polish I grabbed out of my collection. This swatch is of Cult Stay Gold and Loaded Lacquer in Tornado in a Trailer Park. I am really loving my Cult polishes, making me completely wish I had the financial ability to get the blackbox every month, because I really don't think I'd ever be disappointed. But that will have to wait for now. I'm also loving the Loaded Lacquer polishes I have, and this is one I was more excited about. But unfortunately, I had fishing issues. And as we all know, I am NOT about to pour my polish out to get some glitter. This polish has a lot of different sized glitters in it, and a lot of the smaller ones are the ones I could get. The bigger, heavier glitters just seemed to want to stick to the side of the bottle, even after I let it sit upside down, AND rolled it between my palms for a bit. So I was a bit disappointed with the fishing issue, but its still a great polish, nonetheless. If I could sit and fish some of the glitters out, I'd be fine. I just didn't have the patience. But here they are!

flash

flash

no flash

no flash

And here we have ANOTHER Different Dimension polish! (Can you guess which indie brand I purchased the most from?!) This polish is actually very dear to my heart, and I actually purchased TWO bottles. This is Never Grow Up. Now, I know its a T. Swift song, and ever since her second album, I haven't listened to her much. But on June 29th 2011, my beautiful goddaughter was born. She immediately became my entire world, capturing my heart the second I laid eyes on her. Well, about 6 months later, I was in Target with my mom (who is obsessed with Tay-Tay) and saw her new "Deluxe" edition and immediately asked me to get it and burn her a copy. I told her I didn't need to buy it at Target, that I could just as easily get it on iTunes. I went home and downloaded it (because my mommy told me to) and as I was burning the CD, Never Grow Up came on. And as soon as I heard the first two lines, I started BAWLING my eyes out. It just so happened that I had just moved out to live with my fiancé at the time (no, we did not get married. #teamforeveralonewithmypolish) and of course, I was a bit nervous about being on my own. So hearing the lyrics to that song hit me hard. I immediately called her mom and made her listen to it, and she cried too. From that point on, it has always been my song to my goddaughter. It carries such special meaning for me, so when I saw this polish and I read its name… I immediately bought two bottles. One is with me, and the other belongs to my goddaughter (who is, indeed, a polish addict in training.) So THANK YOU, Missi for making this polish. It means more than you know, even though it wasn't made specially for me. :)

no flash

no flash

flash

flash

Also from Different Dimension polish is Hearts on Fire. I used it with Cult Matador, which is my new favorite red. And I normally hate red polishes. Go figure, right?! Hearts on Fire is a really pretty glitter bomb with stars, hearts, circles, and flowers in red and gold and yellow. I even think I saw a few orange babies in there too! It's so completely different than anything I have in my collection. I really really like this, and I kind of want to slather it over some white! Maybe I'll do that sometime soon! :) 
flash

flash

no flash

no flash

Here are some drug store products that I purchased. This is Sinful Colors Starry Night (I think this is a texture polish…) and Pure Ice It's Complicated. I really don't like texture polishes very much. I'm a picker, so if theres anything on my nail that I can feel… I'm going to pick it. I'm working on it, though. But this polish wasn't TOO bad. I had previously purchased Belugaria from Essie and I HATED IT. It's the worst texture polish I've ever used (only because I'm a picker!) and Starry Night kind of reminds me of a toned down version of Belugaria. And It's Complicated is just a super fun glitter bomb that goes on super easy and makes any mani more fun. It seriously goes with anything. It's kind of like a little black dress :) Take a peek!
no flash

no flash

flash

flash

And LAST SWATCH is a Polish Addict polish in Lipstick & Shades that I purchased from a destash. I paired it with a simple black polish from Wet N Wild. This polish has white and pink glitters, and I think it looks seriously perfect with black. The pink really pops, and I had no issue getting any of them out of the bottle. It's my first Polish Addict nail polish, and I'm really happy with it! I think I'll be looking more into them and maybe making a real purchase when my No-Buy is over! 
flash

flash

no flash

no flash


And along with Lipstick and Shades, I threw on V-Day=D-Day from Lacquerlicious over the black. It is a charity polish to help raise money for Pitbull rescue! It's so pretty, and so fun! It has skull & cross bones, stars, hearts and all other shapes & goodies! It definitely fits the name! I swatched this polish with another colored polish which you can find on instagram @missfancynails_xo.
no flash

no flash

no flash

flash


Alright. I know, this post went on for EVER. But all the swatches are now done, and I can move on to swatching my store-bought polishes this weekend!! So keep an eye out for those! 

Don't forget to follow me on instagram @missfancynails_xo
and like my page on Facebook- Facebook.com/missfancynailsxo
Once I hit 500 likes on Facebook, or 500 followers on instagram, I'll be doing a giveaway! So tell your friends! :)

TTFN!
MissFancyNails
xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment