Thursday, January 23, 2014

Questions for You!

Okay, so today's blog post is going to be some questions for my fellow bloggers & nail enthusiasts. But first... I did get some beautiful nail mail from the lovely Bryanna at Gypsyanna Polish on Tuesday, which I actually walked in the snow to check my mailbox to get it, but I didn't actually open the polishes until last night, because I was SO SCARED that they'd bust because of the temperatures. So I set my babies aside & patiently (not really) waited for them to be safely opened. I ordered Pointe Shoes and TuTus, and But Daddy, I Love Him! Both are glitters, and both are STUNNING. Unfortunately, because of the dreary weather outside, I haven't been able to get any really decent shots of the one I'm wearing, which is But Daddy, I Love Him! I have been pining over this polish ever since I first laid eyes on the swatch & now I finally have it. It should be sunnier this weekend, so I will be hopefully getting you guys some shots then. I also received some round gold/silver studs in the mail from amazon, as well as some colorful plastic bows, plastic pearls in various sizes, and some plain silver circle rhinestones that I'll probably send back, because I ordered rhinestones in various shapes. So hopefully that'll get fixed real soon. But I'm actually expecting about 15 more nail mail packages within the next week, so I should have PLENTY to share! :) 

Anyways, back to the questions :) I do definitely consider myself to be a newbie, and I'd love to get some tips, and have some of my questions answered by anyone willing! I know that a lot of people are afraid to ask questions, because they're worried about looking/seeming stupid. So keep a look out because something you were curious about might be answered! And even if you have some other questions that I haven't asked, leave it in the comments & maybe it'll get answered! So let's get these questions started! 

1. What are the different types of polishes and how can I tell the difference? Ex- crellies, jellies, holos, duochrome, etc

2. When you use bigger nail accessories other than rhinestones or studs, do save them & reuse them? Like the crowns or bows or skulls. Or do you just throw them away?

3. What do you consider to be the hardest nail art technique, and why?

4. For any stamping newbies, what plates are your favorite & which polishes do you use? 

5. What are your top 5 MUST HAVE polishes? These are the polishes that you cannot imagine living without having in your stash. 

6.  What are your nail care products that you use religiously? Ex- top coat, base coat, cuticle care.. 

7. What is your biggest nail problem that you deal with consistently and how do you battle it?

8. What polish, if any, have you repurchased because you've gone through the entire first bottle? (Not including base/top coats)

9. What are your biggest nail-aspirations? 
Who/what makes you do the manicures that you do? 

10. What is one nail art technique that you just can't do? 

11. What's the one nail art tool that you just wouldn't be able to function without?

12. Who is one blogger/instagrammer that you think EVERYONE should be following?  


Alright, well those are MY questions for now! I'd really really appreciate it if some of my more advanced bloggers could answer these questions, and any other questions any other newbie nail artists may ask! 


I simply cannot wait to see the different answers everyone comes up with! 

Thanks for reading!
TTFN!
MissFancyNails
xxoo

1 comment:

  1. 1. You can just...tell, haha. Holos will have a rainbow inside the bottle, duochromes will have colour shifts when you tilt the bottle, jellies look "squishy" (they go on very sheer and need a couple of coats), and crellies are...in between a creme and a jelly xD.
    2. You can totally save them if you manage to take them off without damaging them! Just remember to wipe it down with nail polish remover .
    3. One stroke, one stroke, and one stroke! I find it sooo hard to make nice shapes with the brush.
    4. Konad brand polish and plates are definitely the best although they are pricier. I would say buy a couple of those to practice on .
    5. Uhm...I don't really have any, haha. Silver and gold glitter are wonderful though .
    6. BLISS KISS PURE NAIL OIL! Holy grail of nail oils. Pure. Liquid. Gold. Oh, and a fast drying top coat . I like the one by Bliss Kiss (which is sold by the maker of Pure Nail Oil).
    7. Peeling and breakage! My nails peel like crazy and I find that keeping polish on (as well as oiling religiously) really helps with it.
    8. OPI Malaga Wine (I used up a mini though, does that count?)! !! My absolute FAVOURITE red.
    9. Laquerstyle! I love her blog and youtube channel.
    10. One stroke -.-
    11. Cleanup brush!! I can't end my mani without cleaning up.
    12. LAQUERSTYLE! She is honestly the only blogger I follow, haha.

    ReplyDelete