Monday, January 20, 2014

Hair, Hair, and more Hair!

Alrighty! So today has been an incredibly busy day. As I said before, I graduated cosmetology school, and my family refuses to forget it. So I was informed that today was a day of HAIR. 

Grandma needed a haircut, and so did grandpa. Then my dearest mommy needed her hair colored AND cut, as did my aunts. So my mother & I loaded up & went to the beauty supply to get all our color needs. I made a stop to check out the Gwen Stefani collection by OPI, and sadly... I wasn't in love. I don't know, it just didn't capture me the way it has so many other bloggers. Maybe I'm just a crazy person (and that is a very real possibility.) They also had a large risidual amount of the Mariah Carrey Christmas collection left as well, and again, I wasn't in love. OPI just isn't killin it for me lately. I think it's because I've suddenly become overly obsessed with indie polishes & now that's the only kind of polish I want. But the reason for that is because until very recently, I've never actually owned an indie polish. And for me, indie polishes are all so different from what I can just get at my drug store or beauty supply. 

Unfortunately, for awhile, I had lost interest in polish & purchasing any polish BECAUSE whenever I went to buy some, it was always the same classic collections from the same brands that I had already looked through & purchased what I liked. So at some point, I got so sick of never seeing anything new. And then... I discovered indies & they were the light at the end of a very dark polishless tunnel. 

So I did browse the polish section at my beauty supply & immediately became uninterested. All I could think about was all the gorgeous indies I'd rather buy. But, back to my original train of thought. My mother and I purchased our hair color and went home. After we got McDonald's. :) 

So I colored my aunts hair, and as she was processing, I did my moms hair color. Now, as a trained cosmetologist, I have a very difficult time with my mother who does not understand the laws of color theory. So when I tell her she cannot go from black hair to a light brown without lots of lightener, she still has issues believing me. She decided today she was going to purchase hair color with red in it, and she expected it to turn out a certain way. INCORRECT. As she processed, I cut my grandpas hair & rinsed my aunts hair and cut it. 2 down, 2 to go. My mom got her hair rinsed, realized her regrowth (roots) had turned bright red and the rest was still black, and asked me to fix it. So I found some of her usual color in our color closet, and got it on her head. As she processed AGAIN, I did my grandmas cut. 3 down, 1 to go. Finally, my mom's hair was done & I went ahead & cut it. Well. My current manicure (which I shall show you in tomorrow's post!) has a lot of white. Needless to say, I had some staining issues from rinsing her hair. My white polish was now brown. :( 

After I finished all that & resolved to re-do the same manicure because I just love it so much, I went to my friend's house to put some pink highlights in my hair. :)

And if you follow me on Instagram, you saw the picture I posted of my goddaughter getting a little pink in her hair too! ;) Her mom was more than fine with it, promise! But in the process of doing my own hair, my polish began chipping horribly. So I just took it all off. Big mistake before rinsing my own pink color out. Because my natural nails got stained BRIGHT PINK. I immediately ran home & buffed those babies out. They're now perfectly polished in the same manicure they had on them before all the hair-scapades of the day. 


So needless to say, today has been busy. I really wish I had gotten a chance to put up some polish pictures for you guys today, but it'll happen for sure tomorrow. :) pinky swear! I'm actually not working tomorrow because we're supposed to get like, a bajillion inches of snow where I live, so the private day school I work for closed! Yay for a free day off! :) So you'll definitely get some polish pics tomorrow! Maybe even a bit of goddaughter spam too! :) 

Anyways, thank you for reading & bearing with me through my unnecessary rant. :) 

TTFN!
MissFancyNails
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment