Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Indies Galore!- Eighty4 and Different Dimension

Hello my loves!

So I had the day off today (yay??) due to snow (yes, again.) So I decided I'd watermark some of the images I already had taken and posted to instagram of a few mani's I'd done lately. So that's what I'll be posting today, so all of you can see them too. Even if you've already seen them, I'll probably explain a little more about what polishes I used and my thoughts on them and such! I also received most of my nail mail (still waiting on one more) so I took a picture of most of them and I'll post that here for you too!


Here are MOST of the polishes I've gotten. 
If you have a question about any specific polish's name before I get a chance to swatch it, just leave your question in the comments and I'll be sure to get back to you! Just be sure to let me know which one it is. (Middle row, 4th one, etc…)
These are NOT all the polishes. I have 4 others I bought from Walmart, as well as two other Mentality polishes, two Gypsyanna polishes, two PolishedColors polishes, and three Cult polishes, so all of those will EVENTUALLY be swatched for your delight! :)

So let's get started with the manis! I'll give you some "throwbacks" first ;)
So this mani is OPI Mod About You with Essie's Shine Of The Times as a topper on the accent nail. I'm so super in love with Mod About You, I've literally bought two bottles already. It's the most perfect creamy pink that makes me feel like a princess. And of course, Shine Of The Times is a classic ;) You really can't go wrong with a simple, girly mani!

For about two weeks, I was sticking to simple mani's because I was waiting on all this nail mail and I didn't wanna fall super in love with a mani, and then have to either put off using my indie polishes or get sad taking off the mani. :( So I kept it simple. This is Essie's Pink About It and my accent nail is Wet n Wild Hannah Pink-tana. I used three FULL coats of Pink About it, because it goes on pretty sheer. It has a GORGEOUS golden shimmer to it, but its VERY hard to photograph. :( But Hannah Pink-Tana goes on really well, with FULL gorgeous coverage in two-three coats. It has a stunning holo shimmer to it that is seriously insane in the sun. You can head over to my instagram to see it a bit closer!

This was literally two nights before my NailVinyls from Linda (@teismom) came in the mail. I wanted so badly to do a chevron mani, so I literally cut up some painters tape in the chevron shape and used that. It went pretty well, but hand-cutting it was a HUGE pain. This is Essie Blanc, Licorice, and Bikini So Teeny. The silver is a combination of two polishes, one of which is my ABSOLUTE favorite silver glitter polish, Sinful Colors in Queen of Beauty. It goes on in about two coats for almost full coverage. You can't really SEE the spots where its not fully covered, so it works just as well for me. Over top that is a no-name polish that I've had for YEARS and the brand name has worn off the bottle. (I believe its a franken I made years ago.) I used a dotting tool for the dots.

So on to the most recent mani's and swatchessss! 




For this mani, I used two Different Dimension polishes. The gorgeous hot pink is Give Me Love, which is a stunning, creamy pink with a golden shimmer. And as you can see pictured above, IT GLOWS IN THE DARK. I cannot tell you how truly excited I became when I realized this. It was like a kid on Christmas. The color I used on my middle and ring finger is called On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink. I am, of course, a DIE HARD Mean Girls fan so the name sold me before I even looked at swatches. Its a creamy light pink base with red and pink glitters, and goes on with complete coverage with about two coats. I used three, but that's because I always go for the overkill. It's a problem. No judging please. ;) But I really do love both of these polishes. They weren't super difficult to get off either. So big plus there! I definitely began a very dangerous love affair with Different Dimension polishes as soon as these babies were on my phalanges. 




And here… Here is the mani that is going to push back my swatching. 
This is, again, Give Me Love used on all of my fingers, and Different Dimension's limited edition Valentine's Day polish in True Loves Kiss. Only 50 bottles were made, and I got number 1. I cannot even tell you how excited THAT made me! :) Different Dimension has released 5 polishes for Valentine's Day to be sold individually, but I wanted them all SO badly, that the wonderful creator Missi put them in a set for me! She's the sweetest, so I definitely suggest you head over and check out her polishes at www.differentdimension.us 
True Loves Kiss is one of my new favorite polishes. I can easily see myself doing this mani OFTEN. Its a clear base with pink hearts in different shades, circular glitters in varying colors and shades, as well as some stars and mickey glitters too! I turned the bottle upside down the night before I used it, so the glitters had PLENTY of time to get to the top/middle of the bottle, making application easier. I used two coats of seche vite to prevent any of the glitters from sticking up. 



Here is Eighty4's Citrine. I bought this because I'm a November baby, and I normally HATE my birthstone. But once I saw this, I seriously loved it. This is such a gorgeous orange/gold glitter. It goes on with complete coverage in about two coats. I used one coat of seche vite on top. I could NOT stop looking at my nails when I had this on. I got so many questions and compliments on this polish. When the sunlight hits it?! Ugh. BE STILL, MY BEATING HEART. 

And last but not least, this is Gypsyanna's But Daddy, I Love Him!
Okay. I saw a swatch of this polish on Bryanna's instagram. And I fell in love. That was it for me. I bought it. It was SO worth it. This three full coats (because I just kept wanting to plop more of it on, two coats will do just fine!) over Essie's Trophy Wife. Its got gorgeous silver stars and purple and blue glitters in a clear base. This is definitely super gorgeous over teals, even purples and blues! This was OFFICIALLY my first indie polish purchase EVER, along with Pointe Shoes and Tutus. I can definitely say I'm happy with my purchase!


So before I bid you farewell, I just want to remind you of the sale going on over at bornprettystore.com on their nail decals! Everyone should hurry on over and check it out before they're gone! 



Well, that's it for tonight! 
Hope you liked it, and feel free to leave any questions in the comments section! Or just feel free to leave me some love!!
TTFN!
MissFancyNails
xxoo


2 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to get Citrine on my paws :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seriously stunning! You're going to LOVE it!

      Delete